MEM20205 Certificate II in Engineering - Production Technology
This Certificate II traineeship will give you the base level skills, knowledge and competencies required to work in an engineering workshop or factory.
MEM20205 Certificate II in Engineering - Production Technology has been developed for those who would like to gain entry-level employment into the metals, engineering and associated industries.
Trainees who undertake this traineeship will be able to achieve outcomes based on the manufacturing, engineering, production and/or process industries. Trainees will primarily be engaged in production work, including the set up and operation of:
- Automatic, semi-automatic, single purpose and computer numeric (CNC) machines
- Production lathes, welding processes and major manufacturing production lines
- Monitoring, servicing, repairing and assembly of mechanical, fabrication, electrical and metal product machines.
|col a||col b|
|Study Mode||Workplace Training|
|Total Units||37 (29 Core units + 8 Elective units)|
|Duration of Course||Up to 24 months|
|Recognition||Nationally recognised training|
|Start Date||Enrol anytime|
You will need to be at least 16 years old. If you are under 18 your enrolment form will need to be signed by a parent or guardian.
In order to complete the online components of this course you will need regular access to the following:
- Laptop or desktop computer with working speakers or headphone points;
- Internet: High speed internet such as Broadband or ADSL
- Metal Engineering Worker
- Engineering Process Worker
- Production Machinist
- Foundry Worker
Pathways to further study
If your goal is to progress to higher level skills or management, this certificate course will provide a solid foundation upon which to progress into the following;
- Certificate III in Engineering
- Certificate IV in Engineering
If you wish to pursue further study at a University, Axial Training has credit articulation agreements in place to help you achieve this study goal. Contact us for assistance in calculating the University credits available to you upon completion of your Axial studies.