CHC50113 Diploma of Early Childhood Care
This qualification is ideal for the role of early childhood educators who are responsible for designing and implementing curriculum in early childhood education and care services. In doing so they work to implement an approved learning framework within the requirements of the Education and Care Services National Regulations and the National Quality Standard.
They may have responsibility for supervision of volunteers or other staff.
Under the Education and Care Services National Law (2011) the Australian Children’s Education and Care Quality
Authority (ACECQA) publishes lists of approved early childhood education and care qualifications and information regarding regulatory requirements here: www.acecqa.gov.au
Axial’s qualified trainers will help students understand the theoretical and practical aspects of the course to support their success.
You will need to be at least 16 years old. If you are under 18 your enrolment form will need to be signed by a parent or guardian.
In order to complete the online components of this course you will need regular access to the following:
- Laptop or desktop computer with working speakers or headphone points;
- Internet: High speed internet such as Broadband or ADSL
- Early Childhood Educator
- Out of School Hours Care Coordinator
- Early Childhood Centre Director
- Children’s Services Program or Team Leader
- Children’s Services Supervisor
- Children’s Services Coordinator
- Family Day Care Coordinator
- Team Leader or Room Leader in a service
- Playgroup Coordinator
- Assistant Director of Early Childhood Services
- Early Childhood Educator – Team Leader
- Reliever in Early Childhood Programs
- Children’s Services Centre Manager
- Director or Area Manager
- Children’s Additional Needs Support Facilitator
- Child Development Worker
- Children’s Mobile Services Coordinator
- Children’s Advisor
- Lead Educator in long day care, childcare centres, occasional care
- Educational Leader
- Family Day Care Coordinator
- Family Day Care Educator
- In Home Care Provider or Coordinator
- Out of School Hours Coordinator
- Out of School Hours Educator
- Preschool Assistant
- Assistant Educator in a Kindergarten or preschool program, working with a teacher
Other education-based employers may accept this qualification, such as working as tutor, education support staff or as teacher aides.
Pathways to further study
If your goal is to progress to higher level skills or management, this certificate course will provide a solid foundation upon which to progress into the following;
- Certificate IV in Education Support
- Diploma of Early Childhood Education and Care
- Diploma of School Age Education and Care
- Advanced Diploma of Community Sector Management
If you wish to pursue further study at a University, Axial Training has credit articulation agreements in place to help you achieve this study goal. Contact us for assistance in calculating the University credits available to you upon completion of your Axial studies.