We respect your privacy and are committed to protecting your personal information. This document sets out our policy on how we will manage your personal information.
This policy applies to all Axial International College employees, associates, students and stakeholders.
Personal information is information or an opinion, whether true or not, and whether recorded in a material form or not, about an identified individual or an individual who is reasonably identifiable. Examples of personal information include your name, postal address, telephone number and email address.
2. POLICY DETAILS
3.1 How do we collect your personal information?
We collect personal information about you in a number of ways, including:
- Directly from you, for example, when you:
- enrol to complete a course at Axial International College;
- provide information to us in person or by phone, email or in an application form;
- submit information through our websites.
- From third parties, such as:
- Axial International College commercial partners;
- social media websites such as Facebook, Instagram and Twitter, when you contact or otherwise engage with Axial International College Queensland through those;
- third party service providers, to provide or facilitate your enrolment at Axial International College.
Where we engage with you multiple times over a short period in relation to the same matter, we may not provide you with a separate notice about privacy on each contact.
The personal information collected and held about you includes but is not limited to:
- Your name, address, email address, age, gender, tax file number, citizenship, unique student identifier, occupation, contact information;
- Information about your education history and other related information if you are a student registered with us;
- Payment/Banking Details details, such as your credit card details and/or bank account details;
- Details of courses undertaken with us;
- Background checks including police checks and working with children checks if you apply for employment or other related positions;
- Health and sensitive information as described in section 4.3 below; and
- Other information provided voluntarily by you, for example in response to surveys or competitions.
3.2 How do we use your personal information?
- Process any application for enrolment you might submit to us;
- Process a Student loan or funding request and submit information to the Australian Government - Department of Education and Training or any state funding bodies.
- Verify your identity;
- Develop student registers to enable us to communicate with you and any nominated parent/guardian;
- Process any job application you might submit to us;
- Develop, run, administer and promote competitions, programs, activities and other events run by us, including promotion on social media;
- Market and promote products, services, merchandise and special offers made available by us or our respective corporate partners;
- Administer and manage our respective websites and provide you with access to those websites;
- Share your personal information with our respective commercial partners;
- Administer and manage any account you may hold with us;
- Keep you informed of news and information relating to Axial International College including by distributing newsletters, publications and other communication via various mediums including direct mail, email, SMS and MMS messages;
- Research and develop new programs, activities and other events relating to education and other services.
You consent to us using your personal information in the above ways. You can contact us using the contact details specified in section 4.8 if you do not want to receive marketing information (such as our newsletters, publications and other communications) or use the unsubscribe option within electronic communications. However, you cannot opt out of receiving administrative messages in relation to any course in which you are currently enrolled.
We may collect and use your personal information for other purposes not listed above. If we do so, we will make it known to you at the time we collect or use your personal information.
We do not otherwise use or disclose your personal information without your permission, unless the disclosure is:
- required or authorised by law, including without limitation the Information Privacy Principles under the Information Privacy Act 2009 (Qld).
3.3 Health and sensitive information
In some circumstances we may collect:
- Information about your health; or
- Other sensitive information about you (for example, information about your racial or ethnic origin).
We will collect health and sensitive information about you only if you directly provide that information to us. We may use health information about you to ensure that any education programs in which you participate are run safely and in accordance with any special health needs you may have, for insurance purposes and otherwise as required or authorised by law. In addition, we may use de-identified health information and other de-identified sensitive information to carry out research, prepare submissions to government or a government body or otherwise planned events and activities. De-identified information is information which has been aggregated or otherwise anonymised so that it cannot be used to identify you or any other individual.
3.4 When do we disclose your personal information?
We may disclose your personal information to:
- If you are a school based apprentice or VET in Schools student - your school, the Queensland Curriculum and Assessment Authority and the Queensland Tertiary Admissions Centre;
- If you are enrolled in training paid for by your employer - to your employer;
- If you are enrolled with Axial International College and undertaking training with another organisation (including other training providers, community organisations, or schools) - the organisation with which you are undertaking training;
- If you are enrolled with Axial International College in a program eligible for articulation through a higher education delivery partner, and/or intend to continue studying via a pre-arranged articulation pathway (for example, you are studying a dual qualification with Axial International College and a higher education provider) - the higher education provider;
- If you are under the age of 18 - your parent/guardian (unless you have formally advised Axial International College not to provide this information);
- If you are an international student - the parties outlined in the terms and conditions agreed upon accepting a place with Axial International College Queensland;
- Government Authorities and Agencies including but not limited to the National Centre for Vocational Education and for Student Loans/Funding purposes the Department of Education and Training and the Tuition Assurance Scheme;
- Third parties that we have engaged to carry out functions and activities on our behalf (such as other education providers, our website hosts, trade suppliers, independent contractors and other third party service providers) or that we otherwise work with to provide our education programs;
- Our commercial partners;
- Our professional advisers, including our accountants, auditors and lawyers;
- Our insurers; and
- Otherwise as required or authorised by law.
3.5 Our website
When you visit our website, our systems may record certain information about your use of those websites (such as which webpages you visit and the time and date of your visit). We use this information to help analyse and improve the performance of our websites.
In addition, we may use "cookies" on our websites. Cookies are small text files that help a website to remember your preferences and improve your user experience. Using cookies is standard practice for most large websites. In some cases, the cookies that we use may collect some personal information about you. We will treat this information in the same way as other personal information we collect about you. If you prefer, you may be able to disable cookies on your internet browser. However, if you do so, you will not be able to enjoy an enhanced user experience.
We may engage third parties to help analyse how our websites are used. This analysis is performed using data collected from the websites, including by using cookies which are stored on your computer. The information generated is used to create reports about the use of the websites, and these third parties may store said information. However, this information is not intended to and will generally not include any personal information. If you would prefer that these third parties do not collect even any anonymous data about how you use our websites, you may be able to opt-out. Please contact us using the contact details specified in section 4.8 for more information.
We may also collect Internet Protocol (IP) addresses relating to you when you access and use the websites. IP addresses are assigned to computers on the internet to uniquely identify them within the global network of computers which makes up the internet. We may collect and manage IP addresses for internet session management and security purposes.
Some of the content on our websites may include links to third party websites or applications made available by third parties, such as social media buttons or links that allow you to share content or links to our website through the relevant third party platforms. These third party links or applications themselves may facilitate collection of information by those third parties, through your interaction with the applications and sometimes even if you do not interact directly with them. We are not responsible for the technical operation of these links or applications or the collection and use practices of the relevant third parties. Please visit the relevant third party websites to understand their privacy practices and options they may make available to you in relation to their collection of your personal information.
3.6 Accuracy of your personal information
We take all reasonable precautions to ensure that the personal information we collect, use and disclose is accurate, complete and up-to-date. However, we rely on the accuracy of personal information as provided to us both directly and indirectly.
If you find that the personal information we hold about you is inaccurate, incomplete or out-of-date, please contact us immediately (our contact details are set out in section 4.8 below) and we will take reasonable steps to ensure that it is corrected.
Please note that international students are obliged by law to keep their provider updated about their residential address.
Current Axial International College students have access to view their personal details though the Axial International College Student Self Service Site - the LIMEROOM.
3.7 How can you access the personal information we hold about you?
Current Axial International College students have access to update their personal details by contacting us directly via phone, email or logging into LIMEROOM to update their details. Please note - any and all changes to personal details must be update immediately so our records reflect your current personal circumstances.
3.8 How to contact us
- wish to make a complaint in relation to a breach of your privacy;
- would like to opt out of direct marketing; or
- would like to correct your Personal Information held by us,
You can write to or call:
Axial International College
3398 Pacific Highway, Springwood QLD 4127
Ph. (07) 3387 4400
We take all privacy complaints seriously and will investigate your complaint in a confidential manner. You will be informed of the outcome of the investigation within a reasonable period of time.
3.10 Data Provision Requirements 2012
Under the Data Provision Requirements 2012, Axial Training Pty Ltd is required to collect personal information about students and to disclose that personal information to the National Centre for Vocational Education Research Ltd (NCVER).
Student personal information (including the personal information contained on enrolment forms), may be used or disclosed by Axial Training Pty Ltd for statistical, administrative, regulatory and research purposes. Axial Training Pty Ltd may disclose student personal information for these purposes to:
- Commonwealth and State or Territory government departments and authorised agencies;
- and NCVER.
Personal information that has been disclosed to NCVER may be used or disclosed by NCVER for the following purposes:
- Populating authenticated VET transcripts;
- Facilitating statistics and research relating to education, including surveys and data linkage;
- Pre-populating RTO student enrolment forms;
- Understanding how the VET market operates, for policy, workforce planning and consumer information; and
- Administering VET, including program administration, regulation, monitoring and evaluation.
Student’s may receive a student survey which may be administered by a government department or NCVER employee, agent or third party contractor or other authorised agencies. Student’s may opt out of the survey at the time of being contacted.
NCVER will collect, hold, use and disclose student personal information in accordance with the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth), the National VET Data Policy and all NCVER policies and protocols (including those published on NCVER's website at www.ncver.edu.au).